Honoring our Veterans
We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
In honor of their sacrifices to our great nation, Anderson Memorial Homes is proud to pay tribute to our Veterans and their families. We provide professional services and unique options to create a memorial service with the dignity and respect your loved one deserves.
We take care of contacting the cemetery of your choosing, guide you through the process of applying for benefits, receiving the flag and contacting the Honor Guard for services at both the funeral home and cemetery. We are privileged to honor those who have served in all branches of the United States Armed Forces.
We are the American Legion Romeoville Post 52 Memorial Honor Guard. It is our privilege to honor our departed comrades before they are taken to their final resting place. This is a service we provide to all Veterans at no cost. It is our way of saying thank you for your service to our great country, whether it was during war or peace time.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Anderson Memorial Homes can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call our compassionate staff at (815) 577-5250. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.
Veteran Resources & Links
American Legion National Site
American Legion Romeoville Post #52
Romeoville Veterans Commission
American Legion Joliet Post #1080
American Legion Plainfield Post #13
Veterans Of Forgein Wars National Site
V.F.W Of Joliet Cantigny Post #367
V.F.W Of Plainfield
Illinois Department Of Veterans Affairs